Saturday, August 29, 2009

Intro Stage 4

It has been a busy week. The boys had visits to the osteopath and orthodontist and I've been doing catch-up.

Both appointments went very well. The boys are a lot more willing to be still and let the doctor do her job. Carmen Hering (our osteopath) told me that there are a lot of changes going on. J is experiencing some healing in his hip/thigh - an injury from 3 years ago. D is going through healing/growth everywhere - lots going on beneath the surface. This confirmed the feeling I had been getting: that even though D has not shown as many outward changes as J, the diet is doing lots. Reminds me of the bamboo tree. . . Mamta Shah (dentist/orthodontist) was also pleased. She tried to put in an extra bump to help D's appliance stay down properly - I'm not sure if it took. J is still wearing only the upper appliance. She wants to have some progress made with the upper jaw before starting the lower.

The last few days the boys have been eating mostly soup - or the equivalent separately. I'm glad they have decided that cooked vegetables are good eaten cold. For our appointments I packed meat and veggies for them to snack on in the car. We still need to plan of feeding them something every couple of hours.

I did buy some organic dill pickles for them to try - they seemed to enjoy them. I may need to look into making my own pickles. (Noooo, not another thing to learn!!) They've also been having sauerkraut with supper. They make faces, but eat. We are now officially on Intro, Stage 4. The only food I skipped altogether was fermented fish. Between the 'yuck' factor, concerns about mercury and having the time to make it, the effort just didn't seem worth it. Maybe later on we'll try it (or find some organic somewhere). Robert enjoys sardines so he would probably eat it even if no one else did.

No comments:

Post a Comment