With everything happening in our lives - my travel, one daughter back to community college, school starting for the boys I hardly know what we're doing in regards to the boys' diet and program!
We've increased Biokult: D - 2 1/4 per day; J 1 3/4 per day. Having both boys on biokult with their doses slightly different can be a little confusing, but on the other hand - it adds to 4 per day! We're just over halfway to our therapeutic dose.
I made more bone broth yesterday, and I am cooking up chicken legs today and will end up with some broth. I won't need to cook broth for at least a week.
Looking back over their diet the last few days - it's time to make pancakes. Pancakes always seem labor intensive to me - so I avoid them. J could use the extra calories, though. For dinner one night I did more of a stir fry with the veggies. Robert and I were very tired of boiled. The boys seemed to handle it okay, but I don't think I'll be cooking them that way very often.
Daniel is having more challenges with his appliance. I'm pretty sure his teeth/mouth get sore since we were just in for an adjustment. He often brings us the appliances, though, which is a great improvement over what he used to do with them! He also seems to be removing them without bending them so badly - I guess he's getting more skilled.
The boys are eating: beef, chicken, pork, lamb, avocado, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, onions, peppers, acorn squash, butternut squash, zucchini, peas, green beans, brussel sprouts, yellow squash, tomato, eggs (raw yolks , soft-boiled, or scrambled), almond butter, garlic, rosemary, basil, marjoram, sage, thyme, oregano, parsley, bay leaf (small amounts of the herbs in soups or casseroles), ghee, olive oil, sauerkraut, dill pickles.
We still haven't started cod liver oil - I need to stop putting it off. The next step in the diet is juicing! Sometime in the next couple of days they each get 1/3 cup of carrot juice. Hopefully they won't turn orange from too much carrot!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment