The scrambled eggs were a hit! So far no negative reactions from either boy. We'll skip them tomorrow and try one again on Monday.
The bone broth looks really good. I haven't yet checked to see if it gelled, but it looks lovely in the jars. I put some carrot peelings in with the bones, salt, peppercorns and Apple Cider Vinegar so the broth has a light golden tint. The bones are in the fridge, hopefully we'll get the marrow, etc. off them tomorrow to puree for the boys. I think we should be able to add it to soup just fine.
Robert has done lots of chopping prep for me over the last couple of days. I am blessed.
I still haven't gotten the sauerkraut started. I did buy a jar of organic at the health food store, so we would have something to use, even if it is less effective.
More prep to come: Chicken broth, ghee, walnut butter. . . We are all learning lots of new skills. Lately D has been watching how we are making his food.
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment