Due to a death in the family my day was filled with extra challenges and tasks. I was still able to get some GAPS stuff accomplished.
Separated out the ghee. To make my life easier I put the last 1/4 cup or so into a separate container, knowing some of the bottom layer was there. I marked it for Robert's use - so he doesn't feel guilty being generous with it for eggs or vegetables. Robert also blended the fat and marrow from the bones I used for the broth. It's great how much help he gives me (especially since that job grosses me out a bit and I'm not sure I could manage it) and I'll be able to add some to their soups and maybe pancakes.
Upped their probiotic today. D - 1 3/4 capsule; J - 1 1/4 capsule, (approximately, I am just not stressing about being exact). They get 1/2 first thing in the morning and 1/2 before bed.
D had a loose BM today. Not sure if it was the extra probiotic, or if he snuck extra carrots. Will keep an eye on him tomorrow. J has stayed regular. Both boys have been showing more energy this week. There has been a lot less laying on the couch during the day. (Sometimes I almost miss that!) J's weight is holding steady - maybe up just a little. We're also getting a bit more speech, especially from J. He has been commenting on what he sees. 'Look' has become a much more common word around our house.
The dental appliances have stayed in the last couple of days. We noticed that D is more bothered if food is caught in it - no surprise there. We're trying to remember to check it right away after meals, but he is often in a hurry to go play.
The boys are eating: beef, chicken, pork, lamb, avocado, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, onions, peppers, butternut squash, zucchini, peas, green beans, brussel sprouts, yellow squash, tomato, eggs (raw yolks , soft-boiled, or scrambled), almond butter, garlic, rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano, parsley, bay leaf (small amounts of the herbs in soups or casseroles).
Sometimes I think I ought to try some new vegetables: Kale, beets, eggplant, and bok choy come to mind - but I've never cooked them, so have been avoiding them. I guess I'll need to look up some recipes and gather my nerve.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment