It's Day 3 of our Intro diet.
This morning I moved into Stage 2, stirring a raw egg yolk into their hot soup at breakfast. They looked at it dubiously (yellow broth???) but ate. I also continued with the probiotic and sauerkraut juice as we have not had any severe negative reactions. The boys have been a bit tired and J has a slight rash on his arms. It's funny what you see when you're looking. I mentioned the rash to Robert and he said, "He's had that before. He just gets a rash sometimes." When he said that, I realized it was true. Since his digestion is poor, sometimes he has more toxins than he is getting out of his system the usual way and he ends up with a rash. So. . . an issue for J that the diet will hopefully fix - that I didn't even realize he had.
A couple of weeks ago I bought 4 lbs of organic, grass fed, beef femur bones from the Natural Grocery store in El Cerrito. I cooked them in the crock pot for a day, and last night Robert and I strained the beef bone broth and put it into jars. Next time I think I'll only cook it for about 12 hours. Since they'd been cut so the marrow showed it didn't need as long and the marrow didn't look as good. I'm going to need more small containers to freeze daily portions. At the moment it is in jars in the refrigerator. Bone broth is a good source of calcium, which the boys need as we are not doing dairy right now. They'll drink warm broth with encouragement as long as most of the fat is skimmed off.
Shopping is nearly a daily task. I'm still learning just how much they eat. I think the boys ate over 1 1b of carrots yesterday. So far they've had: beef, chicken, carrots, zucchini, onion, peppers (green & orange), broccoli, cauliflower, garlic and today green beans. I'm being cautious with the garlic as I know D reacts when he gets a lot. We'll need to add more garlic gradually.
They also had a little raw spinach yesterday - the girls forgot that for right now we're cooking everything.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Some of that doesn't sound too appetizing but if it helps it will all be good. I shop at Sunflower Market, better meat & veggies, need to eat better food and less of it.
ReplyDelete