Baden reminded me it has been a long time since I have posted, so I'll type up where we are.
Both boys are doing well, their attention span is much better and their speech is more clear. They still do not talk much, and we may need to look into that in the future.
I've been in a bit of a holding pattern with their diet and have even slipped a little with healing foods like juicing and garlic. I am hoping to re-do intro in July and get back on track.
Why wait until July? We are in the process of planning a long road trip - about 3 weeks, I think, so now is definately not the time for major die-off. The next couple of weeks I'll be cooking extra and freezing for taking along as well as looking up places to shop along the way. Relatives at the halfway point have volunteered their kitchen so hopefully I'll be able to make more broth, etc. My hope for the trip is to keep to full GAPS plus red potatoes with as little restaurant food as possible. Being realistic there will be some cheating, especially at the birthday celebrations (though I intend substitutes to be available and my family is supportive) and this will be a chance to see how much healing has occured.
Keeping up with program will be interesting. I want to have cd's (preferably educational) for in the van and I would like to continue with as many exercises as we can. From my last trip I remember that having a program session in the hotel room actually helped the boys settle in since it was 'normal'. One boy in a detox bath while the other had Samonas, etc. meant that more of our routine got done on the road and they were able to sleep better.
I'm also hoping to have some deep cleaning done in our home while we're gone, so any odors, etc. will be gone when we get back.
Friday, May 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment